Monday, October 13, 2008

> that crazy lady in the park.


It's been far too long since I posted. It's been busy: school and internship is really taking a toll on me.

Last weekend I was in Waterloo, as I have classes on Monday. J and I decided to take a stroll through Waterloo Park. I had a bag of nuts in my purse (hunger can strike at any moment) and thus was a big hit amongst the squirrels (and horses, and bunnies, and alpacas...). I started to feed the squirrels, as they were too cute just following me around. Of course, after a couple of minutes I had about a bajillion squirrels around me and taking the nuts from my hand. J was very embarrassed for me. We heard several mothers saying to their young children "look at the lady feeding the squirrel". I am now "that crazy lady in the park" according to J.


This weekend, Canadian Thanksgiving, has been a wonderful getaway -- off to the country side to take in the fall colours, hang out with family and friends, read a book, and eat yummy food. Several family walks were in order through Proctor Park, in Brighton. The dog had a wonderful time just trotting amongst the woods, charging into the streams, and running around with whole trees in his mouth.
J playing with leaves

Me fetching the dog out of the stream. The hair is crazy.

Scarf: Burberry
Cardigan: Zara
Tank: J Crew
Skirt: American Apparel
Tights: American Apparel
Boots: Hunter

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and Happy Fall Weater to those south of me!

1 comment:

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

My family's weekend home is in Brighton, how cool is that?!
Looks like a gorgeous Thankgiving weekend you had, and you don't look crazy to me at all in those photos...very stylish in fact :)
Hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday!
S